Caswell Images operates two types of licenses for the many photos it holds in its galleries. These licenses have been developed with great care to reflect Caswell Images long term vision and the different needs of our many customers and visitors from around New Zealand and overseas.
Our licensing policies are thus designed to balance the costs that go into creating and sharing our images with the desire to provide inspiration through images on the internet and around New Zealand.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: [email protected]
John and Caswell Images applies three types of licenses to it’s images thus meeting the contemporary needs of the various ways it’s imagery is used. Imagery and works of art can be shared via Social Media under a Creative Commons License (CC BY NC ND) or purchased with a Personal or Commercial License. These licenses are uniquely different.
Caswell Images allows use of John’s images in three ways:
Creative Commons License
With Creative Commons you are free:
- To Share: copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: You must give credit to John Caswell and Caswell Images along with the image. ie: Photo Credit: John Caswell/Caswell Images
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. Commercial use is one primarily intended for commercial advantage of monetary compensation, but not restricted to monetary compensation.
- No Derivatives: If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Photographer or videographer (“Content Provider”) grants buyer a non-exclusive perpetual personal-use license to download and copy the accompanying image(s) or video(s) (collectively, “Media,”) subject to the following restrictions:
- This license is for personal use only. Personal use means non-commercial use of the Media for display on personal websites and computers, or making image prints or video copies for personal use. The Media may not be used in any way whatsoever in which you charge money, collect fees, or receive any form of remuneration. The Media may not be used in advertising. The Media may not be resold, relicensed, or sub-licensed.
- Title and ownership, and all rights now and in the future, of and for the Media remain exclusively with the Content Provider.
- There are no warranties, express or implied. The Media are provided ‘as is.’
- Neither Content Provider nor SmugMug will be liable for any third party claims or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer’s use of the Media.Personal License from: SmugMug 2018 (view here)
What you can do: Photographer or videographer (“Content Provider”) grants you a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license to use the accompanying image(s) or video(s) (collectively, “Media,”) for permitted commercial purposes, defined as:
- advertising, promotion, brochures, packaging
- as part of a commercial website for promotional purposes (maximum 800 x 600 pixels) use
- prints, posters, flyers, tearsheets for promotional purposes (not for resale)
- prints, posters, or other commercial display of Media
- magazines, books, newspapers, other printed publications
- video, broadcast, theatrical
What you may not do: Buyer may not resell, relicense, redistribute without express written permission from Content Provider. Use as a derivative work, and reselling or redistributing such derivative work is prohibited. Media may not be used in a pornographic, obscene, illegal, immoral, libelous or defamatory manner. Media may not be incorporated into trademarks, logos, or service marks. Media may not be made available for download.
Content Provider retains all rights, license, copyright, title and ownership of the Media.
There is no warranty, express or implied, with the purchase of this digital image or video file. Neither Content Provider nor SmugMug will be liable for any claims, or incidental, consequential or other damages arising out of this license or buyer\’s use of the Media.
Personal License from: SmugMug 2018 (view here)
All licensing inquiries should be sent to: licensin[email protected]
Additional wording from SmugMug – www.smugmug.com
Trey Ratcliff and Stuck In Customs www.stuckincustoms.com